About the Program
This program allows eligible homeowners located in the City of Colorado Springs to qualify for a grant to make necessary improvements to their home. The funds are primarily used to repair/replace substandard or failing housing conditions and make energy efficiency improvements. Improvements can include, repairing or replacing roof, windows, doors, hot water heater, furnace, flooring, plumbing, electrical and more.
Community Development has partnered with Brothers Redevelopment, Inc. to facilitate this program.
- You must meet the current income guidelines listed on the application
- The property must be your primary residence
- You must be the owner of record of the property to be rehabilitated
- The property cannot exceed current HUD after rehabilitation values
- The property cannot be located in the floodplain
Once you qualify, a Redevelopment Specialist will inspect your home to identify necessary improvements and develop a cost estimate. A contractor will be obtained through a competitive quote process and will make the improvements to your home. The city will disburse the funds to the contractor on your behalf. Lead-based paint testing may be performed on homes built before 1978. Asbestos testing may also be required.
For more information contact Brothers Redevelopment.