Limit the impacts that disasters have on you and your family by preparing a head of time.
Natural disasters don’t wait for a convenient time. Preparing for them shouldn’t wait either. Start today with these low cost and no cost preparedness actions. They can help lessen the impact of disasters and emergencies for you and your family.
- Know the risk of disasters in your area such as flash flooding, wildfires, winter weather, and extreme heat.
- Sign up for emergency alerts.
- Make preparing fun for kids! Go on a scavenger hunt around your house for items you already have to add to your disaster supply kit.
- Practice emergency drills with your family regularly.
- Take photos of important documents.
- Keep a selfie of you and your pet in your emergency kit in case you are separated during a disaster. It can help you prove ownership.