The Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSFD) recently conducted a survey to find what is most important to the Colorado Springs community in terms of the services provided by the department.
- There were a total of 648 respondents and 1,037 comments.
- Overall feedback showed that 88-90% of respondents felt that CSFD personnel perform professionally and competently.
- The highest community risk concern was wildfire by 53% of respondents.
- Overall concerns, besides wildfire, include:
- adequate number of firefighters
- adequate apparatus and equipment
- response times
- responsible spending
- appropriate use of resources
The feedback from this survey will be used to establish goals and objectives for the CSFD 2020-2024 Strategic Plan which is anticipated to be complete by Dec. 21, 2019. The department will also take steps to share more information with the community on the services it provides.