Main content

Report a Fire Code Violation or Concern

If you would like to submit a referral complaint or concern for properties located within the City of Colorado Springs ONLY, please fill out this fire code violation reporting form.

Your fire code concern will be forwarded to the Division of the Fire Marshal, or you may call us at (719) 385-5978 (Monday – Friday, 0730-1600 excluding city holidays).

Anonymous concerns/complaints will not be considered - You must be willing to provide your name, address, current telephone number, and e-mail address so that the Division of the Fire Marshal, Code Services Section may contact you to verify specific concern/complaint information and/or obtain further information if needed. If you do not have an e-mail address, please call 719-385-5978. Your name, etc. will not be given to the property in question.

For properties located outside the City of Colorado Springs' jurisdiction, please input the address of concern into the El Paso County Assessor's Website and view the fire protection district information under the tax entity level section so that you may contact them. 

Agencies to Contact for your other Concerns:

  • For issues involving unfit health-related living conditions to include black mold, asbestos, and air quality, please contact the El Paso County Health Department (719) 578-3199.
  • For issues involving unsafe living conditions, illegal dumping, or debris please contact CSPD Code Enforcement (719) 444-7891.
  • For issues regarding fire hydrant repairs, please contact Colorado Springs Utilities (719) 668-7618.
  • Outdoor burning concerns need to be reported to the Colorado Springs Communication Center at (719) 444-7000.