Colorado Springs Fire Department 2021 Pay Chart
- Have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- You must have a valid FireTEAM score through the National Testing Network by the posted deadline
- Maintain a valid current Colorado EMT - Basic Certificate or above*
- Successfully complete the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) no more the 12 months prior to the posted deadline
- You must be a US citizen, permanent resident alien, temporary resident alien, applicant for temporary resident status, refugee, or asylee.
- Be in good physical condition
- Have or be able to obtain a Colorado driver's license
- You must not have been convicted of a crime that would affect your ability to certify with the National Registry of EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic.
- We do not permit the use of medicinal or recreational marijuana.
The firefighter salary structure for 2020 is:
- Fire Trainee $26.25/Hour, $4,550/Month, $54,600/Annual
- Firefighter, Fourth Class $20.76/Hour, $5,039/Month, $60,465/Annual
- Firefighter, Third Class $23.07/Hour, $5,598/Month, $67,177/Annual
- Firefighter, Second Class $25.63/Hour, $6,220/Month, $74,642/Annual
- Firefighter, First Class $28.25/Hour, $6,856/Month, $82,272/Annual
*After the first year of probation has been completed, employees who have a Nationally Registered EMT-P may be eligible to take the Paramedic Promotional Examination or the Fire Driver Engineer Promotional Examination.
The paramedic salary structure for 2020 is:
- Fire Driver Engineer $30.62/Hour, $7,431/Month, $89,171/Annual
- Paramedic, Third Class $26.12/Hour, $6,339/Month, $76,063/Annual
- Paramedic, Second Class $29.02/Hour, $7,043/Month, $84,518/Annual
- Paramedic, First Class $32.16/Hour, $7,803/Month, $93,640/Annual
In order to be hired as a firefighter, you must successfully complete:
- The interview process
- Polygraph examination
- Background investigation
- Psychological testing & Psychological Interview
- A medical examination and drug screen
- The CSFD Training Academy, for 17 Weeks