Colorado Springs Fire Department 2020 Pay Chart
Have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- You must have a valid FireTEAM score through the National Testing Network.
- Maintain a current Colorado EMT - Basic Certificate or above*
- Successfully completed the Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) no more the 12 months prior to the testing process
- You must be a US citizen, permanent resident alien, temporary resident alien, applicant for temporary resident status, refugee, or asylee.
- Be in good physical condition
- Have or be able to obtain a Colorado driver's license
- You must not have been convicted of a crime that would affect your ability to certify with the National Registry of EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic.
- You must have not been convicted of a felony crime.
- We do not permit the use of medicinal or recreational marijuana.
The firefighter salary structure for 2020 is:
- Fire Trainee $26.25Hr, $4,550/Month, $54,600/Ann
- Firefighter, Fourth Class $20.76hr, $5,039/Month, $60,465/Ann
- Firefighter, Third Class $23.07Hr, $5,598/Month, $67,177/Ann
- Firefighter, Second Class $25.63Hr, $6,220/Month, $74,642/Ann
- Firefighter, First Class $28.25Hr, $6,856/Month, $82,272/Ann
- Fire Driver Engineer $30.62Hr, $7,431/Month, $89,171/Ann
*After the first year of probation has been completed, employees who have a Nationally Registered EMT-P may be eligible to take the Paramedic Promotional Examination.
The paramedic salary structure for 2020 is:
- Paramedic, Third Class $26.12Hr, $6,339/Month, $76,063/Ann
- Paramedic, Second Class $29.02Hr, $7,043/Month, $84,518/Ann
- Paramedic, First Class $32.16Hr, $7,803/Month, $93,640/Ann
In order to be hired as a firefighter, you must successfully complete:
- The interview process
- Polygraph examination
- Background investigation
- Psychological testing & Psychological Interview
- A medical examination and drug screen
- The CSFD Training Academy, for 17 Weeks