COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Launched in 2015 to celebrate the outstanding achievements of young professionals age 40 and under, a record number of nominations were received during the nomination period (Aug. 11-30).
Of the nominees, 27 finalists have emerged across five categories. The finalists, who all live or work in Colorado Springs, are as follows:
Community and Economic Impact
- Dani Barger, Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC
- Jordan Empey, Stockman Kast Ryan + Company
- AJ Frasca, Panino’s
- Latrina Ollie, Solid Rock Community Development Corporation, Quar Notary
- Jessie Pocock, Inside Out Youth Services
- Bree Shellito, Ent Credit Union
- Brandon Borne, BornesPro Media, My Black Colorado
- Ashley Cornelius, Denver Health
- Brother Luck, Four by Brother Luck, Lucky Dumpling
- Stephen Martin, Explore With Media
- TerryJosiah Sharpe, Anthem Music Enterprises
- Megan Whalen, Vladimir Jones
- Connor Beaudoin, Harrison School District 2
- Harris Kalofonos, Goodvoice Group, Young Champion Ambassador
- Cory Notestine, Colorado Springs School District 11
- Corey Williams, Harrison School District 2
- Adam Wright, Mountain Song Community School
Sports, Health & Wellness
- Kristi Durbin, El Paso County Public Health
- Jess Lyons, YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region
- Dayton Romero, Silver Key Senior Services
- Dr. Sara Saporta-Keating, Children’s Hospital Colorado – Colorado Springs
- Cassandra Walton, Pikes Peak Suicide Prevention Partnership
Technology & Sustainability
- Trevor Becker, Rackspace Technology
- Sara Koeppel, Natural Resource Conservation Service, Magneti Marketing
- Natasha Main., Exponential Impact
- Alan Peak, South Platte Fly Shop
- Michael Riggs, Perch Security
One winner from each category will be announced during an award ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 28 from 4-6 p.m. at the 3E’s Comedy Club, 1 S. Nevada Avenue. A special “Military Young Leader Community Impact Award” winner will also be announced.
The ceremony will be emceed by Fox21 Morning News meteorologist Matt Meister. A livestream will be offered on the Mayor’s Facebook page (@MayorOfCOS).
Event sponsors include 3E’s Comedy Club, the Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC, Fox21, Glassical Designs, Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center, and Vectra Bank. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available. Companies or individuals interested in sponsoring the event should email Donna Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Mayor’s Young Leader Awards, including a list of past recipients and a description of each award category, visit ColoradoSprings.gov/MYLA.