Fountains and Spray Grounds
The City of Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department manages several spray grounds and fountains that are available in the summer months.
When the outside temperatures are not expected to reach above 65 degrees, sites may close for the day. Operations are expected to resume when the hot temperatures return. If in doubt, please contact the site prior to going for some water fun!
Uncle Wilber Fountain at Acacia Park
Acacia Park, 115 East Platte Avenue
- Closed for the season
Julie Penrose Fountain at America the Beautiful Park
- Due to construction, the Julie Penrose Fountain at ATB will not operate the Summer of 2020. Please see our other Fountain and SprayGround locations on when to stay cool!
Deerfield Hills Spray Ground at Deerfield Hills Park
The Spray Ground includes 16 different water spray features containing over 50 individual spray nozzles and various features including Bell Trios, Foaming Geysers, Ground Geysers, Soak Stations, Water Jellys, Water Quests, Water Trios and a Water Wall! The Spray Ground includes free admission (donations gladly accepted on-site).
Hours of Operation
June 1-August 9
August 10-September 7
- Spray Ground Group Reservation Form (accepted beginning Feb 18 at 9am)
- Spray Ground Party Reservation Form
Spray Ground Tips
- Food is allowed in designated areas only.
- No glass containers in the spray ground area.
- For participants wearing diapers, plastic pants must be worn over the diapers (this includes swim diapers).
- Avoid bringing valuables. The spray ground does not have lockers for your belongings. DHCC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All park property is designated non-smoking (to include electronic devices, marijuana, tobacco) as defined by City Ordinance #17-7 (6.6.201, 6.6.202, 6.6.203)
- All alcoholic beverages are prohibited in city parks, Ordinance No. 21-9-410.
- Groups of 12 or more need to complete a reservation agreement for weekday use.
- The site will close for inclement weather.
- Parking is limited.
- No pets, please.
(719) 385-5996 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Water Hole at Venezia Park
John Venezia Community Park at the intersection of Briargate Parkway and Union Blvd.
- Closed for the season
Questions and Contact Information
Report a maintenance issue at email@example.com.This email is for maintenance issues only and is not monitored for other questions or concerns.
Questions? Call 719-385-5940 x 9
Lightning Safety Procedures
Lightning can occur with or without rain. Parks staff follow the “30/30” rule. This means when there is less than 30 seconds between lightning and the resulting thunder, fountains and spray grounds are turned off. They are turned back on 30 minutes after the last time thunder is heard. The same counting method will be used for hearing Bang to Bang or seeing Flash to Flash. Under 30 seconds, patrons should seek immediate shelter in a safe location until operations resume.