The Citizen Advisory Committees (CAC) represent their neighborhoods in serving as a conduit between the community and the local police division. As a member of the CAC, you will:
- Provide feedback to the CSPD regarding community interests and opinions.
- Use skills to aid the CSPD staff on tasks and requests.
- Positively represent the CSPD in community relations.
- Serve as community advocates for the department.
- Conduct community outreach to citizens.
Qualifications for prospective members:
- Be a law-abiding citizen with good intent.
- Pass required background and reference checks.
- Have a strong belief that to create a safe community requires citizens being involved.
- Requires a one-year minimum commitment.
- Must complete a ride-along with a sworn member of the CSPD.
Benefits to volunteers
- Represent your at your local police division.
- Meet regularly with your local police division crime prevention officer and division command staff.
- Public speaking opportunities
- Community connections
- Opportunity to participate in volunteer trainings not open to the public
For information regarding the CAC, please contact the Crime Prevention Officer for your area:
|Sand Creek Division:||719-444-7276|
|Stetson Hills Division:||719-444-3168|
|Gold Hill Division:||719-444-7593|