Colorado Springs Police Cadet Program is designed for young men and women between the ages of 14 and 20 years old. This program allows young people who live in or near the city of Colorado Springs to become informed and involved in law enforcement, while actively becoming part of their community. Teens can further their knowledge and understanding of the criminal justice system through training, and provide an insight into all phases of police work. The program fosters better understanding between the Police Department and the youth of our city.
- Must be between the ages of 14 and 20 to apply.
- Must have and maintain a GPA of "C" (2.0) or better in school.
- Must pass a criminal history check, background investigation and oral interview.
- Must be able to attend all 5 training sessions.
- Must maintain a 70% or higher GPA through the Cadet Basic Training Academy.
- Must have parent's permission to participate in all post functions.
- Must participate in most community service events, department-requested special events and post fundraisers.
- Must be able to attend weekly meetings on Wednesday nights from 6:30pm - 8:30pm.
- Community Service
- Police Job Training
- Post Fundraising
- Police Ride-Alongs
- Monthly Meetings
- State and Regional Competitions
- Joint Training with S.W.A.T. and Reserve Officers
- Cadet Honor Guard
- Social Activities
- Athletic Activities and Competitions
CSPD will participate in a Regional Cadet Academy from March 23, 2020 to March 27, 2020 this year. Cadets will receive training and an introduction to: law enforcement, police ethics, community relations, criminal law, radio communications, criminal investigations, use of force laws, crime scene searches, evidence collection, domestic violence, officer safety, vehicle stops, patrol functions, report writing and firearms safety.
We are currently accepting applications for our Springs Academy. Please download the application, read it carefully, and complete ALL parts. Return the completed application to:
Police Operations Center
c/o Community Relations
705 S. Nevada Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903