Hours & Fees
Permit Hours: 8am – 9pm
- $10/hour (minimum 2 hours) – Park Specific
- $300 - 30 days unlimited use during vendor hours - One (1) Park
- $1000 - 30 days unlimited use during vendor hours - Four (4) Park Package
Timeframe and Necessary Documents
72 hours’ notice is required to obtain a permit. Application received less than 72 hours in advance will not be accepted. Application dropped off to our office will be added to the queue, and are not guaranteed for same-day processing. A complete application is required each time a permit is requested, including permit renewals.
A vendor must provide proof of the following licenses/inspections. Documents are kept on file until their expiration, and resubmission with each application is not required:
- State of Colorado Sales Tax License – Colorado Department of Revenue, 4420 Austin Bluffs Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80918, (303) 866-3711
- City of Colorado Springs Sales Tax License – City Sales Tax Office, 30 S. Nevada, Suite 203, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, (719) 385-5903
- City of Colorado Springs Mobile Food Unit License (if selling food) – City Clerk’s Office, 30 S. Nevada, Suite 101, (719) 385-5901
- State of Colorado License to Operate a Retail Food Establishment (if selling food) – El Paso County Public Health, 1675 West Garden of the Gods Road, Suite 2044, Colorado Springs, CO 80907, (719) 578-3199
- Health Inspection Report (if selling food) - El Paso County Public Health, 1675 West Garden of the Gods Road, Suite 2044, Colorado Springs, CO 80907, (719) 578-3199
Vendor must carry liability insurance in the amount of $1 million and provide a certificate of insurance which names the City of Colorado Springs as additional insured by including the following verbiage in the “description of operations” section: “The City of Colorado Springs, its elected officials, employees and volunteers, are included as additional insured with respect to the policies required by the Special Events Permit.” The address for the Certificate Holder must be: The City of Colorado Springs, 30 S Nevada, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
VENDOR RULES & REGULATIONS
- Vending Locations: Vendor carts/vehicles must only be located in parking lots/paved surfaces, and cannot block any crosswalks or other pedestrian rights of way. Vendor carts/vehicles are prohibited from driving, parking, or operating on grass/turf.
- Parking/Vehicular Access: Motorized vehicles of all types including golf carts, utility vehicles, ATVs, etc., are strictly prohibited on park property, lawns, turf, restricted roadway, bicycle/pedestrian pathways, canal, creek pathways, turf trail or athletic fields. All vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas. All motorized vehicles are prohibited on all trails and grass in City Parks. Access roads are only to be used with prior approval from the Office of Special Events. Driving on the grass or trail will result in fines and possible revocation of vending permits
- Name/Logo: Vendor’s name or logo shall be displayed on all vending equipment, including trash receptacles
- Refunds: No refunds will be issued for unused time, inclement weather or revoked permits.
- Trash: Vendor must provide a trash receptacle, dispose of own litter and clean area properly. Ordinance No. 9-2-202