How to Report Fallen Branches or Trees

Share this page:

City Forestry is working to identify and prioritize downed and damaged city trees and trees in the public right of way. They are focusing first on trees blocking the public right of way or that pose a danger to the public. Please be patient as they work to address all of the requests. It may take several weeks, depending on the number of downed trees reported.

Report a Tree Issue Online

The fastest and most effective way to report fallen trees or branches is online.

Report Online


Please Note: downed trees on private property are the responsibility of the owner. Contact home insurance or a private tree removal company. The City will NOT respond unless there is a threat to life safety/power line involved. 

Report a Tree Issue by Phone

  • City trees in City parks, open spaces, trails, sidewalks, streets or medians call City Forestry at (719) 385-5942.
  • Trees on power lines: If a tree is compromised or touching a power line- STAY AWAY from it and keep pets/children away, report  immediately to Colorado Springs Utilities at 448-4800.

Trees on private property

City Forestry is unable to remove trees or branches from trees on your private property. These are the responsibility of private property owners.  Click for a list of licensed tree services.

Dispose of downed tree limbs or other yard waste

You can drop off your own yard waste (leaves, tree clippings, old fence wood, etc.--NOT painted wood) at Rocky Top Resources, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays, FREE with a canned good donation for Care and Share. Rocky Top Resources is located at 1755 E. Las Vegas Street. For more information call 719-579-9103.